Hormone Health Studio’s website (https://hormonehealthstudio.com/) provides you with recommendations and information about vitamins and dietary supplements (VDS) and is an online retail store for VDS products. In the course of carrying out our activities we will collect, store, use and disclose personal information in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We respect your privacy and are committed to the protection of your personal information, health information and to compliance with Australian privacy law and Australian state health legislation.
Acceptance of policy
You warrant and represent that you will only disclose personal information that relates to you and not disclose personal information of any third party without their prior written consent.
Personal information and health information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Health information has the meaning given to that term in s6 of the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).
Online payments are processed via Stripe. Credit card details are held within the Stripe system until 30-days after your experience has finished.
This information is only retained for accounting purposes as payment for our products. You will only receive correspondence from Hormone Health Studios through the transaction use of Stripe.
Types of personal and health information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal and health information about individuals for the provision of our services and purposes connected to those services.
Consistent with the provision of our services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold includes an individual’s name, username, e-mail address, gender, age, home or business address, postcode and other personal data you voluntarily provide. We may also collect health information (information about your short-term and long-term health goals, diet, lifestyle, views about health/wellness, and medical conditions, and details of any VDS products that you take and/or that we provide to you).
How we collect and hold personal and health information
We may collect personal information and health information:
- directly from you in the course of providing our services (including without limitation when you complete a survey on our website and/or provide us feedback related to our services);
- from hormonehealthstudio.com (including, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages and what sections of the Website you visit); and/or
- from cookies, which are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect information and to enhance your experience using the Services
Personal information is held securely on online servers, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the personal information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Health information is held securely, is subject to such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances, against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against all other misuse and is held for 7 years from the last occasion on which we provided services to you, or if you were under that age of 18 when we collected the information, until you have reached the age of 25.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information
We will not use or disclose personal information or health information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
- generally conducting our business;
- to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you and to let you know about relevant offers and news;
- for our internal administrative, research and analytics, planning, marketing and product development;
- developing our businesses (we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets);
- to third party companies and individuals that we engage to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf (including fulfilling any of the purposes listed above). Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service and correspondence, marketing assistance, market research and analysis);
Access and correction
Hormone Health Studio will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information or health information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to correct your personal information and health information, provide you with details of the personal information or health information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
Individuals may exercise their data subject rights, including the right to access, rectify, or delete personal data, by submitting a written request to the data controller or processor, providing sufficient details to identify the personal data in question, and providing proof of identity. The data controller or processor must respond to the request in a timely manner, providing information on the actions taken in response to the request and any reasons for denying the request, if applicable.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction to email@example.com
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
Third Party Access to Your Data
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. The only exceptions to that rule are for partners we have to share limited data with in order to provide the services you expect from us.